Wisconsin Military Snowmobile Ride
We are looking forward to a great Wisconsin Military Snowmobile Ride in 2023. Mark your calendars for Monday, January 16, 2023. This year follows a fabulous ride and turnout last year.
Before you know it, we’ll be through the year, and January ride around the corner. Something to really look forward to! Our ride introduces and refreshes veterans and their families to the snowmobile experience in the winter wonders of the Northwoods. It’s our honor to give back by providing a little happiness. There is no cost to the veteran for their ride, and includes a commemorative cap, sled rental (if you don’t have one), helmet and some a wonderful lunch and dinner from local restaurants. If friends or family join, we request a donation.
We encourage everyone to join us. If you’re a club member, please consider reaching out to your club for a donation. We have been fortunate that many clubs have been generous over the years. Please invite members who are veterans and share our story with your local veteran groups. It’s been a successful ride that we’ve been blessed to continue for well over twelve years. We hope you'll consider be part of the ride in some way.
We thank all the Snowmobile clubs and individuals for their past support, including many local Eagle River businesses and Snowmobile clubs. Thank you.
The military appreciation ride is a family snowmobiling event designed to thank Veterans for their service and grow the sport of snowmobiling by introducing them to a winter sport that’s safe and fun for the whole family. Additionally, we’ll educate Veterans about Wisconsin’s 600 Snowmobile Clubs and the great camaraderie enjoyed by thousands of Club members who volunteer their time to create and maintain over 22,000 miles of public snowmobile trails in Wisconsin.
When is the Ride?
- On Sunday, January 15th, Veterans/Family members will travel at their own expense to the Derby Complex in Eagle River, WI.
- Arrive NLT 11am to enjoy a full day of Vintage World Championship Snowmobile Racing.
- Hotel Check-in is 3:00pm and dinner is on your own Sunday.
- On Monday, January 16th, all riders report to the Derby Complex Exposition Hall NLT 0830 for suit-up, sled coordination and safety briefing.
- The Military Ride is from 0930-1630, and closes with a dinner and ceremony at the Derby Complex upon completion of the Ride.
NOTE: Final reporting instructions, sled rental details and coordination for the 2023 Military Ride will be provided upon your selection.
Where is the ride held?
The ride starts and ends at the World Championship Derby Complex, 1311 N. Railroad St., Eagle River, WI
Are you a New Snowmobile Rider?
Regardless of your experience, if you currently do NOT own a snowmobile, the Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs (AWSC) and the World Championship Derby Complex invite you and your family to participate in the 2023 MILITARY APPRECIATION RIDE! New Riders receive reduced lodging ($96+tax) at the Best Western Derby Inn Sunday night, plus free lunch and banquet dinner during the 2022 Military Appreciation Ride. Fill out the below application and identify your status as "Non-Owner." New Riders will be provided a snowmobile, gas, oil, and helmet for the Military Ride. Be sure to bring your winter gear: coat, boots, gloves/mittens, baklava, or other cold weather gear.
Are you a Current Snowmobile Owner / Rider?
All are welcome and encouraged to sign up! Veterans who are current snowmobile owners/riders receive reduced lodging ($96+tax) at the Best Western Derby Inn Sunday night, plus free lunch and banquet dinner during the 2023 Military Appreciation Ride. Fill out the application and identify your status as "Current Owner."
The 2023 Ride Is FULL.
See you next year.
Past Ride Supporters
- Almound Snow Eagles
- American Legion Auxiliary
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 91
- American Legion-Miller Justman Guelig Post 270
- Andrew Malecki Revocable Trust
- Arlingtion Prairie Drifters
- Bauer's Dam
- Bear Point Sno-Cruisers
- Birchwood Bobcat Riders Inc.
- BNH Lighting
- Boat n Sport
- Brown County Snowmobile Alliance
- Burnett County Snow Trails Ass
- Burnt Bridge
- Clark County Snowmobile Council
- Cleveland Snow Hawks Club
- Cozy Corner Trails
- Dan Gilbert
- Dodge County
- FDL County Snowmobile Assn
- Great Escape
- Greenleaf Riders LTD Snowmobile Club
- Hall of Fame & Museum St. Germain
- Hat sales and donations Derby
- Haydays/Duluth SnoX/SledderX
- Hi Tech Custom Sign LLC
- Horicon Marsh Snowmobile Club
- Interwald Wanderers Snowmobile Club
- Iowa Snowmobiler
- Jesse and Tasha Grabowski
- John & Mary Hager
- Kewaunee County Snowmobile Alliance
- Kumalong Sno Riders
- Lake Country Riders
- Lakeshore Snowmobile Club
- Lisa Breau
- Louis Corners Sno-Birds
- Lowell C. McKIM III
- Lunch Bonnies Lakeside
- Manitowoc County Snowmobile Club
- Marinette County Snowmobile Alliance
- Mark It Mount Horeb WI
- Meredyth L Maddox
- Merrimac SnowBusters Club
- Michigan Snowmobile & ORV News
- Midnite Trail Riders
- Minnesota Offroad Ice Team
- Minnesota Snowmobiling
- Near North Trail Riders Of Athelstane
- Neosho Nomads Snowmobile Club
- Northern Kettle Moraine Crooked Trails
- Northern Lights Snowmobile Club
- Northwoods Riders
- Oneida County Snowmobile Council
- Pitliks Sand Lake Pub
- Polk County Snowmobile ATV council
- Poniatowski Dare Devils
- Post 270 American Legion
- Red Arrow Snowmobile/ATV
- Schilleman Bus Service
- Shawano County Snowmobile Ass
- Sinissippi Trail Hawks
- Snowmobile invitational golf tournament
- T T Riders of Burnett
- Theresa Pioneers
- Toy Shop
- Track Side
- Vets for Vets of Northeast WI Inc
- VFW Twin Lakes 11279
- Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance
- WCDC Derby Queen's Collection
- Westvoro Sno Dusters
- Winnebago County Snowmobile Assoc
- Winnebago Sno-Pioneers
- Wisconsin Snowmobile News
- Wolff's Pack Snowmobile Club
- Wolff's Pack Snowmobile Club
- Woody's International Engineering Inc.
- World Championship Derby Complex